Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby: Boy Bathes, Boxes

The Boy's belly-button chip got drier and nastier and finally fell off -- or to be more accurate, we found it stuck to his undershirt -- a couple of days ago. That meant we could finally bathe the lad, which is something I'd been really looking forward to. 

He took to it quite well. We thought there would be screams or at least some general form of protest, but as you see by the photo below, while he didn't exactly have his guard down, he remained open-minded about the experience. And he has agreed that bathing might as well become a fairly regular part of his future.


Do you see how he's got his hands up in perfect self-defense posture? I don't want to be one of those dads, but I know a future middleweight when I see one. So I've started giving him lessons (Lesson one had to do with putting on your game face and psyching out your opponent). Below is a rapid-fire sequence of him swinging his first real punch. Tell me the boy isn't a quick learner.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- we have the same baby bath tub! It must be a prerequisite for baby bathing.

Been thinking about your CGI post. Andy and I had just watched "Raiders" in preparation for the upcoming release, and I was reminded what a PERFECT action/adventure movie it is. I understand what you mean about CGI affecting suspension of disbelief. For me, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Ultimately, it depends on how compelling the story is. In LOTR, for example, CGI abounds, but I couldn't care less. I'm so into the story (okay, and Orlando Bloom...) that the digitized effects don't pitch me out. In Golden Compass, I was disappointed right from the first sequence. The magic wasn't there. So whether it's digital or homemade matters naught to me -- as long as you've got good story, I'm hooked in.

And I'm totally going to see Indiana on Thursday -- pixels or no pixels.

Virginia said...

That boy is getting so BIG! Keep on teaching him the old OneTwo. He will need it for playing with cousin Maxx, who clobbers just about everything in his path these days. Usually with his lead head. Can't wait to see you guys.

Unknown said...

Adorable pics. Tahad is already claiming boxing fame for our first kid (hope it's a boy), so Stillman had better get ready for plenty of sparring sessions!