Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Music: The Pop List

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussion regarding the perfect pop song. Your suggestions were wide-ranging and fun, and you exposed me to a lot of new stuff.

There were several of your suggestions that I didn't agree with, but that's part of what made this so much fun. For anyone who cares, my top picks among your suggestions were "Come Dancing," "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic," and "Something So Strong" (a song I didn't realize I liked as much as I apparently do until it came up in this context).

I know some of you must have been sleepless with anticipation, but here's the song I've been holding in reserve: "Faith" by George Michael. Surprise! But come on, you know you like it, too.

Or if you don't know that yet, go to the ultimate pop playlist which you helped create, and check it out (Sorry I wasn't able to get all of your suggestions on there, but I did my best).

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Oh what fun! This is a great compilation and Maxx will love it as it has two of his favorite songs on it. (He hadn't yet listened to Little Toy Gun when I suggested it. I played it for him the next day on the way to grandma's and it was an instant hit. Everything is a little toy gun for Maxx, but he only shoots dragons and kung-foo bandits and, occasionally, his big sister.)