Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baby: Baby!

So maybe there is something to this nesting idea after all.

Sophia went into labor on her due date, at around 10:00 p.m. After a grueling, complicated 15-hour labor, the doctors performed a C-section and lifted out our new son, Stillman Joseph Burnett, 8 lbs 4.5 ounces, 20 inches in length, full head of black hair. Sophia is doing just fine, and absolutely amazed me with her strength and endurance during all those hours of pain.

I'm writing this from the hospital, and the wireless signal is too weak to allow me to upload photos. We're headed home tomorrow morning, and I'll put some up. I'll also collect my thoughts so that I have something to say besides, "It was really something." Right now I'm still pretty overwhelmed by the power of the experience.

1 comment:

Tim Somero said...

Congratulations!!!

I suspected that your recent blog-silence indicated a delivery.

Good name! Good name!