Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baby: Cheers for the Lady!


To all of those women in my life who have given birth -- some of you up to six times -- let me just say, hey, wow. Really great work.

It impresses me to no end. 

And we haven't even got to the part where the baby leaves the body. Or kicks over the shopping display. Or steals the family car. Etc.

As you see in the photo, the egg we're sittin' on just gets bigger and bigger as the days roll on. Yet The Lovely Sophia remains cheerful. I would not be cheerful. Let me tell you that right now. But she is cheerful. 

Two evenings ago, Childbaby got up to some kind of construction work in there, and I watched as the top of The Lovely Sophia's belly began to rise no differently at all than if someone had begun inflating it with a bicycle pump. It stopped before it got to her throat, but not so very much before then. 

To all you young fellers out there who have all this to look forward to: It's better than TV!

7 comments:

Alan said...

wow! This thing looks like a Thanksgiving Day parade balloon!!!

Remain Cheerful...

Anonymous said...

The Lovely Sophia's lovely belly is very...lovely. And round.

Here's a wish for small shoulders and a quick, easy labor. Or you could do like me and make with the Caesar.

I'm so glad you're blogging!!! I miss talking with you!

Tierney

Shell said...

That is a gorgeous baby bump :) No wonder she's cheerful.
Congrats on the upcoming birth and good luck with labor!

Tim Somero said...

I hope that you're currently more worried about diaper pins than this comment.

Be well.

madaly said...

Aww...I miss my "baby bump." You look really great Sophia. Hang in there. I know at the end it seems like that baby is NEVER going to come out, but we know it must and soon it will be. :-) Derek, thanks for making the blog as I often wonder how you are doing and where you are at. Love ya cuz. Jenn

madaly said...

Aww...I miss my "baby bump." You look really great Sophia. Hang in there. I know at the end it seems like that baby is NEVER going to come out, but we know it must and soon it will be. :-) Derek, thanks for making the blog as I often wonder how you are doing and where you are at. Love ya cuz. Jenn

Unknown said...

Better than TV my !@#$%