Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby: My Child Sucks!

Young Stillman has only a few passions in life, and foremost among them is sucking. He can suck anything, and will. Human nipple? Loves it. His own fist? Please -- he was sucking that before he was even born. Rubber nipple? Bring it on, any brand you like. 50 times a day. A hundred. The lad could draw milk out of a sparkplug.

He has a similar zeal for burping. We're all, "Maybe we should burp him now that he's eaten," and he immediately lets one rip. On Sunday we took to whispering the word "burp," but he quickly got wise to that and so yesterday we began spelling it, but he's already figured that out, too. In fact, I've just noticed that each time I type the word "burp," an airy, gurgly sound comes from the next room.

Yes, I'm proud of my boy. He only does a few things, but he does them well.

Don't even get me started on the pooping. Oh, yes, I'm sure your child was an excellent pooper, yadda yadda whatever whatever. But I also know a champ when I see one.

Photos of all this to come in a day or so, once work catch-up slows to manageable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

pictures, we want pictures. Stop bragging about your sucking-burping-pooping little guy, the mob wants pictures! Drop what you are doing and go snap some!

Virginia said...

I'm with Julie - More pictures! No one is surprised that the boy is a champion burper, he is a Burnett. That genetic package comes with a charismatic nose and big belching capacity at no extra charge! It also comes with a higher than average intelligence and empathy, but those sometimes take longer to show up.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are totally in love with him, which is so damn sweet and cute. I ditto the need for pictures. The sooner, the better!